Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Getting Lost

I found myself looking down at wet, grey-painted sidewalks wondering where room E-100 was. I felt like I was stuck in a maze and couldn’t get out until I found the next room on the list. Then, I woke up from this nightmare of subconscious imagery from earlier in the day. My son and I had walked the route of his new high school classrooms to make sure he knew where they were and could get to them in the allotted seven minutes between classes. He’s going to a spread-out campus of different sized buildings. At least, he has a better sense of direction than I do. Here’s where a GPS could come in handy. We also spent some time trying to open the combination lock on his assigned locker. It’s ironic because as a student, I usually had trouble getting my locker open. I told him just ask someone for help if you can’t get it open. That’s what I did. Same goes for if you get lost.

No comments:

 

Free Blog Counter