Friday, October 10, 2008

That's Incredible!


Did you know today is World Egg Day? Funny, because I had scrambled eggs topped with cheddar cheese today after eating boring cereal for seven days. Not only were they tasty, but they stayed with me until lunchtime. I was wondering about the fat and carb grams so I read the carton label. One egg contains only 70 calories, 15 grams of saturated fat, 6 grams of protein, and 1 carb gram. Not bad. I usually cook them in a frying pan sprayed with Pam Olive Oil to save on more fat. Some other interesting facts about eggs:
• Contain 13 vitamins and nutrients (in case you forgot your vitamins)
• “Incredible, edible egg™” slogan has been around 30 years (now I feel old)
• Europe has domesticated hens since 600 B.C. (that's a long time)
• Most eggs are laid between 7:00 and 11:00 AM (why do the male roosters crow so early then?)
For more incredible egg info, go to: www.aeb.org.

No comments:

 

Free Blog Counter