Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Rom-coms and Your Love Life

I’m a romantic--I admit it so this study's claim surprised me: “rom-coms spoil your love life”. What’s a “rom-com”? Oh, short for romantic comedy. Anyway, the study states that watching romantic movies can give you false expectations in your relationship. For example, you might believe your loved one knows you so well that you don’t need to communicate. “Maid in Manhattan”, “You’ve Got Mail”, “Runaway Bride” and “Serendipity” were mentioned as part of the study. I thought romantic comedies help us to appreciate our significant other more, even give us some good ideas. Some of my favorites that have probably helped my love life are “How to Lose A Guy In Ten Days”, “Love Actually”, “PS I Love You” and “Must Love Dogs”. So, I wonder if the same claim can be true for romance novels? That’s another study.

No comments:

 

Free Blog Counter