Thursday, January 10, 2008

I Was Manipulated...

My shoulder was, actually. Yesterday, I went to the outpatient hospital to have arthroscopic surgery performed on my right shoulder which had an impingement. I fasted for 14 hours and fully expected to come out of anesthesia with a one-inch incision on my right shoulder. Instead, my frozen shoulder was manipulated. The doctor tries this first and if it works, skips the invasive surgery. That’s good. While I was under anesthesia, my shoulder was put through a series of motions to break up any adhesions like scar tissue. When a “pop” sound was heard, it was considered successful. Upon waking, my shoulder felt sorer than before, but I have more mobility. With physical therapy my shoulder should get back to normal in a few months. I plan to continue my acupuncture treatments which help improve pain and mobility.

No comments:

 

Free Blog Counter