Friday, December 21, 2007

Another Angel In Heaven

I didn’t even know her, but another one of God’s angels passed away on Wednesday, December 19. I think she touched the hearts of everyone in our community at St. Joseph’s Catholic Church and School. Haley Smith was in the third grade at my son’s school. In March, she was diagnosed with Intrinsic Pontine Glioma, an incurable cancer that grows from within the brain stem. Our church families have experienced many tragedies. We hoped for a miracle because God has blessed us before. We prayed for her in our private prayers and at every mass service. I said a small prayer whenever I saw people wearing their pink “Pray for Haley” bracelets. Our faith has brought us closer to each other because of her. Our prayers were answered because Haley is no longer suffering. I guess that would be the miracle.

2 comments:

Pam S said...

Oh to spend Christmas in Heaven with our Savior!! Celebrating at His feet..... Part of me wishes I was with there too.

Judy Gasperini said...

We each have a mission. Yours is yet to be fulfilled. Peace be with you.
Judy

 

Free Blog Counter