Saturday, December 29, 2007

Death by Caffeine

Three cups of coffee yesterday and I was awake from midnight until two in the morning. I blame that icy vanilla coffee from McDonald’s that I enjoyed at 2:30 in the afternoon. It was like a low-calorie dessert to perk up the afternoon or so I thought. That dessert contained 190 calories, 70 from fat, 30 grams of carbs, and about 130 milligrams of caffeine. I suffered the consequences by tossing and turning in bed last night. I asked myself “When will I learn?” Even my son has become aware of how his favorite Dr. Pepper (41 milligrams) keeps him awake at night if he consumes too much. Today, I’m only drinking two percent of what it would take to kill me according to the Death by Caffeine web site. And I'm skipping dessert.

No comments:

 

Free Blog Counter