Saturday, December 15, 2007

I Went to a Dessert Party

I was invited to a dessert party where a bunch of women each bring a dessert. Sounded yummy especially for 3 o'clock in the afternoon on a Sunday. I thought I was bringing a unique dessert. It's called "Judy's Delight" or when my mother makes it, "Mary's Delight". It's delicious. Well, another lady brought it and she called hers "Better than Sex Dessert". I didn't try it, but it looked like her pan had more pieces taken than mine. Must have the placement of hers. Mine was on a round table and hers was on the countertop. Or maybe it was the name of it. After all, that's marketing!
The recipe for "whatever you wish to call it" is:
Mix 1 cup of flour, 1/2 cup of crushed pecans, and one stick of melted butter. Press into 9" x 13" pan and bake for about 15 minutes at 375 degrees.
Mix 1 8-ounce tub of Cool Whip, 1 cup of confectioner's sugar, and 1 8-ounce block of creamed cheese. Layer on top of crust.
Make 2 packages of instant pudding, chocolate or pistachio, according to directions. Add to layer.
Spread on top of pudding an 8-ounce tub of Cool Whip. Keep refrigerated before serving.

No comments:

 

Free Blog Counter