Friday, December 7, 2007

EVOO

Last night’s confirmation catechism liturgy covered many subjects including Glossolalia aka speaking in tongues. Then, Father Bob talked about anointing with oil. The Catholic Church uses extra virgin olive oil with a scent added. He then asked if we knew what Extra Virgin Olive Oil is. “Don’t you people watch the Food Network?! EVOO.” Yes, I know Rachael Ray’s favorite ingredient, but I didn’t know what the difference was between extra virgin and virgin and pure olive oil. I guess I always thought it had to do with the ripeness of the olives. He spent some time explaining the first press of the olives is considered the extra virgin olive oil. The next press is just virgin olive oil and when oil is added to the skins and leftovers, that is pure olive oil. Okay, now I’m ready to sauté something!

No comments:

 

Free Blog Counter